1/14/09

Maracaibo, Venezuela

This trip is slowly creeping to a close. From Caracas I took a two-tiered overnight bus to Maracaibo. Yes, I am still in Venezuela, but not for much longer. Tonight I will be taking another overnight bus to the bordertown of San Cristobal. I will spend the next few days solely on buses until getting back to Bogota.

Why did I come back to Maracaibo? I´ll offer this: When you meet a beautiful person on the bus and she places her bracelet around your wrist, then tells you to bring it back to her, you think twice about making the efficient decision.

This picture is taken against the outside walls of a beautiful church here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roel,

I need some pictures of the girl to believe this one...

Junrui Chang said...

Romantic travel, and romantic story. Keep going on. It is fascinating. :)

LM said...

Let see what happens!
You were right, colombia is much better than venezuela.. now I am in a scuba diving course!

Big Hug

Luis (portuguese)