5/26/09

A Toast to Nice

50 CLs is the right amount.  I do not know what CL actually stands for, nor do I care to take the time to look it up.  It is as unimportant as ineffectual.  What it represents is the right menu volume of wine for Max and I to order at dinner.  It is that amount because it allows us to dig into memories past, to be a little funnier, and affords us that extra time once the food has been consumed to sit at the table to watch the everyday fashion show that is walking from A to B in Nice.  Yes the laws of high society demand we drink white with white meat and red with dark.  But, as it is with us, we are only going to follow the unwritten rules as far as they feel democratic and not tyrannical.  I think it’s a tyranny against men to be forced to drink white over red if the latter is available.  Therefore, as we leave Nice, I give a toast to the newest beach beauty that has been discovered by my own conquering, with red only of course.

No comments: