1/2/10

BCS National Championship Bound

Four years ago I flew to Los Angeles, with a stop over in Las Vegas, to watch the Texas Longhorns and Vince Young in the National Championship game at the Rose Bowl. I was 6 months shy of legal gambling age so I birdwatched the Vegas strip. On gameday, I had a $1000 to scalp a ticket and there were no tickets to be had. I watched the game from outside the stadium on a flat screen among similarly situated fans. Today I depart to complete my life. I will bet on black and I will watch my Horns from inside the stadium. In life, there are rarely opportunities for a do-over. This trip is my second chance.

Updates will be regular as I plan to document every single second of the dream. Here is the trip: Houston to Dallas to Albuquerque to Phoenix to Los Angeles to Las Vegas and then back.

3 games: TCU v. Boise State - Fiesta Bowl, Houston Rockets v. Los Angeles Lakers at Staples, and Texas v. Alabama - BCS National Championship Game.

Texas Fight. Hook 'em Horns.

No comments: