7/2/08

Panama Canal

So after you notice that I shaved my head, then that my shirt is completely soaked, you will probably see that we made it to the Panama Canal.

Today, a hot and overcast one, we departed early to see the Miraflores Locks section of the canal. The canal is as grand as the history books make it sound. We watched a gigantic ship from Luxembourg pass through - at a cost of $46,000.

Afterwards, we went to the Botanical Garden and Zoo. The highlights included viewing jaguars and us following a trail of army ants until reaching their hill.

The entirety of the leftover day consisted of walking through Panama City. We just about got lost in every section of the obviously American influenced city. There is a tremendous amount of development occuring in downtown. It seems as though it is being set up to be the next trendy location to own a high priced condominium.

Certainly, a busy first day.

4 comments:

regarcia said...

Wow! The first day sounds exciting! I can't wait to see more pictures and read more about your experiences...I love you and I look forward to your entries. My new pal Justice and I are doing great! He ate all ten of his crickets today!! LOVE YOU and be careful...tell max hello and i love him too!

Anonymous said...

check email
ali jian

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that you made it to Panama City safely. I will love reading about your wonderful journey and I will keep up with you daily. You and Max take care of each other.

I love you,
Mrs. Newton

Mom said...

So glad to hear you and Max are safe and are enjoying your exploration of the world. Be careful and have a great time. Tell Max hello. I love you both.
Mom