6/22/08

Central America Trip Preparations

As my first year of post-college work does a cool-down jog toward its conclusion, I am preparing to taste freedom in a way so that the sensation might linger well into the next stage of my life. 

On July 1st, my cousin Max Garcia, and I will embark on a journey  fit for a Sundance script or the chapters of a dorm room novel.  We will fly one-way to Panama City with the intention to traverse land and sea to reenter the United States of America on foot.  

Following the advice of family and against my stonewall position toward drugs of all kinds, I was inoculated against Tetanus, Typhoid Fever, and Yellow Fever.  So although my skin, according to my observations in Houston, has served as a natural repellant against mosquitos I should be safe against their chemical warfare.

I have recently moved out of my Dallas apartment and into my new one in Austin.  Over the next week I will finish my preparations in Houston - from which I will be departing.

I plan to update this blog on a close-to-daily basis.  Please leave comments so that I may know who is reading.  





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to Isla Grande when you are in Panama...its off the eastern shore...
STAY SAFE!
-bernie

Lori said...

Have a safe trip! Bon Voyage! I love you!

Love Nina

P.S. maybe I can finally get Grandma to get a computer so she can read all about you :)

Unknown said...

Your God Daughers Ruben and I will pray for your saftey y que te divertes xoxox
Adios

Mom said...

Roel,
It is with great enthusiasm that I wish you an awesome trip. It is with apprehension (a mother's right to worry) that I wish you a safe trip. I look forward to checking the blog and reading about your adventures. Be careful and I will be waiting for you and Max when you reach the final steps of your journey.
Luv you, Mom

Unknown said...

excellent posts - keep them coming.

don't come back without some cubans