6/25/08

The Route

Over the last few days, in between running an SAT camp and transitioning my life to Austin, I have been excitedly planning out the tentative route we will travel through Central America.

We will begin our Journey in Panama City, Panama and walk across the border at Reynosa, Mexico into McAllen, Texas (The birthplace of our fathers).

The route will pass through every capital city in Central America. Sights will include: The Panama Canal, Costa Rican beaches, lakes of Nicaragua, Copan (Mayan) ruins of Honduras etc. I will not expound upon every highlight here as I will do so following my visits.

Of course, this route is subject to change. Time, weather, money, and social climate will all be factors in our ability to stay on course.

I will soon post a map that will include our route through Mexico.

4 comments:

MetaforikMachete said...

call me when you hit mcallen, homie! i'll be there!

i'll buy you vatos some beer.

ms.longhorn said...

Hi this sounds like a very exciting adventure, i hope to follow in your footsteps one day. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!!!MS.GOVAN

Unknown said...

Roel,

Enjoy your journey! I'll be interested in reading about your adventures. Best of luck!

YITBOS,
Koonin

Unknown said...

This is like one my boys reenacting motorcycle diaries. If people are wearing your face on a t-shirt some day, I'll say I knew him when. And since boxing is in your title, you think Margarito's got a shot? I'm betting you won't miss that; hopefully you'll be in Mexico for it.