8/12/09

New York City

New York is still the greatest city in the world. 1) It demands excellence by way of unparalleled competition. Only the best play here, the best of everything, and if you can make it here, well... you can make it anywhere. 2) The diversity is unmatched. If you like homogeneity then don't come here. This is a place for all people, all classes, all religions, all languages, all perspectives and all lifestyles. Can't handle it? then get out of this, the closest thing to heaven, we have here on Earth. 3) Community exists. People crash into one another. Even beyond the social scene, you can meet a new friend/partner/lover around every corner. Human interaction is not forced or contrived, but actually a part of everyday life. I am grateful I can claim to be a part of it. Although I may never fully reside in one location throughout my life I can whole-heartedly call New York City a home.

2 comments:

Tezcatlipoca said...

Hey Roel,
One of many great photos. This one reminds me of the scence in the movie The Dark Knight.

Tezcatlipoca said...

Roel,
Morocco or Tunisa are great places. Great culture, music food and scenic. I have a friend from Tunis and almost went there this summer. I will get there soon.