11/29/09

The Corp?

So the Aggies have this group called "The Corp." I am not exactly sure what it is all about. I do know a few things: Sophomores ornament themselves with the nametag "Pissheads," they kiss the closest girl in the vicinity (hopefully a girlfriend) after the Aggies luckily find the end zone, and they have been around for too long. I respect the undertaking of armed service more than any other occupation in the country. However, I am not sure that is what is going on here. I am not educated on the matter, but for all my years in Texas have never been convinced of their legitimacy as well. In fact, their existence, in context, eerily evokes images in my mind of a defeated regime of old. A&M is not Westpoint and College Station is not Annapolis. I applaud informed tradition but the image above is not an inviting one.

No comments: