10/18/09

Hate

I heard the motor overhead as I had just finished reading a few ESPN articles about the BCS standings. I walked out of my apartment on to the balcony and looked up. There flying high, at at an altitude safely out of canon range, was a crop duster type plane circling the UT campus. Trailing behind the tail in a distinct red font were the words "Get over it." Last year, after having beaten Oklahoma in beautiful fashion at the last Red River Rivalry, the computers granted them the opportunity to play against Florida in the BCS national championship. We had the same record as, and had beaten the team that was selected over us to play for the holy grail. Hence: get over it. I swore on that balcony to respectably hate OU for the duration of my ability to distinguish orange from red. I saw these women on the way to the game. They must have seen the plane too.

No comments: