10/14/09

My First Time

Everyone remembers their first time. The excitement, the anticipation, and the build-up all add to the experience that will be forever archived in the mind. It is the event that will be continually drawn from the shelves of memory to help ease the torments of aging. The pride will pour out when my grandson asks curiously about where I was, what it was like, and who I was with. In short, it is both a source of present and future joy. On Saturday two sides will collide and I will be a part of it - finally. I have gone 24 years too long. Go hard or go home as they. Even with a Corporations midterm looming at 8am on Monday, I will not be deterred from engaging in the ecstasy that is the Red River Rivalry game. We depart Friday for Dallas, for the Cotton Bowl, for the Texas State Fair, for a Saturday matchup between Texas and Oklahoma(sucks). It is a game I have never witnessed live. However, I will be there Saturday, and outcome permitting, will return to Austin with an extra bounce in my step.

1 comment:

Paul Davis said...

That's EXACTLY why I dropped corporations this semester. Somehow I just knew that freaking test was going to be the Monday after Texas-OU. Enjoy your first trip man. It truly is an unforgettable experience - my favorite event of the year.