10/29/09

Most Powerful Game on Earth

There are no coincidences. There is no such thing as luck. As dramatic an introduction as the preceding sentences create, the point here is simple: the more you read, travel, listen, and become exposed the more likely life will play out like a scripted movie. One is reminded of this in unbelievable fashion - like when I reencountered a backpacker I initially met in Granada, Nicaragua in the train station in Marseilles, France. Or it can occur in a much more subtle way. For instance, like when I listened to Smetana's The Moldau, a song I had randomly placed on my ipod, for weeks on my Euro trip and then heard it playing through the public speakers at the Prague (the place of his birth) train platform. The one here belongs on the subtle end of the "that's crazy" spectrum. I came across this article/video in the New York Times and got the "thats crazy" feeling. The article and video are powerful because they convey a message of the same quality. It will also serve as the lens by which I will view my trip to Ft. Worth on Friday. There, I will watch my cousin Marisa and her women's soccer team, San Diego State University, take on the home team Texas Christian University. Watch the video here about the Palestinian Women's team.

2 comments:

Nina said...

I just love reading your blog! You really make me smile and feel proud of my godson. Now waiting for your blog from your trip to Fort Worth.

Unknown said...

Since this blog is also about boxing are you going to write anything on Paquiao vs Cotto? Whose your pick and why?