10/19/09

Tailgating the Boulevard

I lived 5 minutes from SMU's campus for an entire year and never ventured across the freeway to their infamous tailgating. I think they have a slogan something like "we tailgate harder than you party." (?) Either way, that statement is true. The former president of Ole Miss brought the tradition with him from his previous university when getting hired on at SMU. It is essentially the most well-funded and organized tailgating scene of which I have been a part. On the lower lawn are the alumni and the upper lawn consists of, very well-funded, fraternities and sororities. We hung in the upper end. Food, beer, and eye candy everywhere. Without trying to sound like too much of a single, back in college, male, I do want to offer that if Jessica Simpson is objectively beautiful then SMU has the most beautiful girls I have ever seen on a college campus. But enough of that.

No comments: