12/22/08

Cali, Colombia

Today was a long 10 hour relocation. I would usually take a bus ride of this length at nighttime, but due to the caution I am taking in this part of the country I prefer to travel during the day. Day or night no procedure is going to change the reality that I will be twisting and turning around tall mountains. If some people get their kicks from bungee jumping or skydiving then I guess I might counter that I ride buses in latin american countries.

I was lucky to be sitting next to two of the nicest people in Colombia - a fellow 23 year old and her 7 month yr old baby Sofia. Truth is, I prefer puppies to babies but this one was maybe the most beautiful I have ever seen. The big brown eyes could have come right out of the Garcia family. I helped the mother with the motherly tasks throughout the day. It was definitely an usual, for me, but heartwarming experience.

I tried fighting my hunger headache by feasting at a restaurant called Western Texas. I will be returning to the venue as the tray of meat I devoured was some of the best I have ever eaten. Seriously, I would also prefer hanging out with babies more than eating chicken but the tenderness was unreal.

I might also mention that I am in Cali now. It is evidently a plastic surgery paradise and the host city for the Feria de Cali that will begin on Christmas day. On a final and lighthearted note I am compiling a list of unusual experiences. So far: roasted pig vendor, male transvestite breast implants flash, and old woman sneeze complete with flying dentures.

1 comment:

Junrui Chang said...

Like the picture of a young man takes care of a little baby. And by the post, learned that you know how to make traveling schedule so everybody that loves you can set his or her heart at rest and just enjoy your exploring story. The second thing I learned from this post is, you have very kind and love heart like your father. The third is, he he he, you are interesting guy also like your father, you noticed funny scene about people sneeze complete with flying dentures.