8/15/11

Home Slice

During every meal lately the image of DaVinci’s “Last Supper” painting pops into my mind. As this is my last backpacking trip for a good while I feel as if I am taking part in final acts before I succumb voluntarily in my own Garden of Gethsemane. This is overly dramatic of course. It’s simply that I can associate the expression Last Supper with a meal and that the working life is ominously approaching. In any case, it serves as an excuse to eat every meal as if it is the last I will eat in the context of freedom. Therefore I choose to eat the best. And Home Slice Pizza in Austin is the best slice of thin crust there is. Lombardi’s in Nolita and that other joint underneath the Brooklyn Bridge are really no match for the best New York style pizza – which can ironically be found in Texas. Oh yeah. And I just finished Slaughterhouse Five too.

No comments: