6/11/09

Arrivederci Roma

After a day of wandering the streets, as I had not gotten myself properly lost yet, we completed Rome with a good meal in Piazza Navona.  During the meal there was a young aspiring guitar player strumming away for tips.  Problem is, he is still aspiring.  Max realized that the guy was not actually playing the songs, but only moving his fingers in sync with his mp3 accompaniment.  When he stuck his can out for some euros I told him we would hook him up if he played us a song without the music - I was sticking up for those who were duped.  Of course, he wouldn't and he packed his stuff up soon after that.  Max's ability to make certain observations continues to amaze me.  Also, the Prime Minister came out to say good-bye to us.   A moving huddle of people paraded through the plaza not 20 ft from us.  I asked who it was and I was informed it was Silvio Berlusconi.  Waiting for him to come say hello to us, we continued sipping our wine.  It was an eventful finish to our 3rd and final night in Rome.  (View from from the Giancolo)

No comments: