6/5/09

Last Supper

There is a two week waiting list to see the "Last Supper" painting.  We were informed of this at the ticket office.  Two weeks. One of the most famous paintings in the world and we can't even see it? sounds like a cover up to me.  Maybe the DaVinci Code was really on to something.  A little upset, but sort of amused, we took some pics outside before back into the subway to head over to see the "School of Athens" painting (turns out that painting is in Rome, and only the sketch is in Milan - what planning).  As I sat on the bench of the dirty subway platforms, basking in an underground system resembling that of New York's, I looked across to see a framed picture.  It could almost be a painting.  Lined up in front of me was a scene of biblical proportions.  I may not have seen the "Last Supper" but the resulting photo looks a bit familiar, no?

No comments: