6/5/09

Best of Milan

I have discovered that the two best places to pass time reading are huge park lawns and between cities on the train.  After some exhausting non-shopping we stretched ourselves out with the other locals in the Giardini Publicci.  Max slept, and I read.  Dogs of all breeds pranced by, sunbathers took in the 3pm sun, and a few groups volleyed soccer balls.  On long trips the speed is consistently set to 10 but taking it down to a 5 is just as necessary.  These breaks at a slower pace, when your legs are exhausted from traversing the town, and each shoulder is sore from the messenger bag,  make time seem to stop.  On the grass and under the sun in Italy is a place I will visit numerous times in memory.
Fresh water from these little fountain things.  Save 2 Euro with each refill. Plus, its classier than a water fountain.
Crepes are simple but potent.  I typically get Nutella and Banana and this place does it better than everyone else.  Sorry Creperie of the East Village.  Max got a scoop of chocolate iced cream, as per usual, and I took down the crepe.  The line was out the door and for good reason.  Some foods are sin. Crepes are an example.

1 comment:

regarcia said...

so envious!! I wish you could have brought me one home!!