6/15/09

Dream City

I used to ask my Dad how it could be.  How was there really a city with no streets? Why didn't the buildings sink? Did they go to work in boats? Back when I was a kid, and yes I no longer feel that the description is apt, I was fascinated with the concept of Venice. It was an interest that was further intensified by movies like Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade. Some people want to kiss under the Eiffel Tower, some want to ride a camel and see the Pyramids, I wanted to see the water in Venice for myself.  Unlike a few of the places on this trip, Venice lived up to my expectations.  It was smaller in area then I envisioned, but just as enchanting. I will return with those I love on day to the labyrinth of walkways and bridges under the fresh flowers and painted facades.  For now it was enough to have a great meal with my cousin and sip spritzers in the city of the dreams of my youth.

No comments: