6/5/09

Geneva

Max and I reunited in Geneva for a day.  Life without cellphones had to have been more exciting.  I didn't know the name of the hostel in which Max was staying, also our place to meet up, so I had to find internet.  McDonalds has typically been our savior on this front, consistently offering free wireless to customers.  I found one, sat down, and was denied access because I didn't have a cell-phone number.  Necessity forced me to find other ways of access and I learned that my Ipod can be useful for this as well.  I walked around town until my Ipod found free wireless.  Eventually I found a connection and then reconnected with Max. After a difficult beginning, we walked around town admiring the natural beauty of Switzerland and the not natural beauty of the watches, cars, and architecture.  The sun was high and hot.  Due to a national holiday most of the stores, again, were closed.  Probably all the better because we might have come away with a couple watches, each. We admired the lakes, the boats, the flowers in bloom, and the live four piece band. The music was a good way to close out another short stay in another new country. 


No comments: