6/10/09

St. Peter's Basilica

Now this is what i'm talking about.  Unlike the city itself, the basilica is absolutely worthy of St. Peter's descendant.  I felt like I shouldn't even be inside.  As if at any second some guard would be able to read my mind and whisk me away to confinement.  The place just feels holy.  Although its now a bit hazy, I'm pretty sure this church was in The DaVinci Code and that I also constructed it in my mind accurately - I had a case of Deja Vu.

This just isn't right.  These are the camera magnet Swiss guards protecting The Vatican.  Must they be forced to dress this way.  Is this intimidating in the least? If I ever have bodyguards I am going to dress them like the red emperor's guards from Star Wars. The court jester look won't do.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

the swiss guard! just watched angels&demons and it was soo cool to watch because i had visited all of those historical sites. you should watch and think to yourself "i've been there, and there, and there..."