6/4/09

Sagrada Familia

The church will be done in 20 years, yet it is already a visual masterpiece. I almost think they should never finish it, as it seems it adds to its allure. Gaudi designed the church and his magic can be found on every square inch. The likenesses of the biblical characters are sculpted in what seems to be cubic form. The ceilings are crafted like a boquet of flowers. The towers remind me of the buildup of fallen candle wax. Max and I took the elevator to the point and had birds’ eye views of the city. I think I am scared of heights because it took a lot of mental strength to get myself down. The spiral “staircase” could not have been the most accommodating choice for getting up and down this architectural masterpiece. Yeah, I know it’s a tourist site, but its one that it is well worth it and a must see. The coolest church not completely built.


No comments: